lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
You can get the seneye which monitors temp, ph and ammonia and PAR for $99

Salinity isn't cheap from any manufacturer. If you really need all the mindstream is some vaporware that looks promising...

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I love how the term "investing" gets used all the time on reef sites.... It's not investing people, it's spending!

As a longtime hobbyist we invest plenty into what we do. Whether is be "investing" in a RO/DI, "investing" in test-kits, and don't forget the most important "investment"...TIME.

There is nothing wrong with the term only the way you are looking at. There may not be a monetary return as in financial investment but we certainly invest a lot of ourselves and our finances with the expectation of enjoying the hobby, getting piece of mind knowing parameters are in check, not having to lug 5g containers from the LFS.

I think the term is fine and I'm sure my wife would choose different investments for my time AND money if given the choice :)

Edv

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0

Attachments

• 2013-12-11 20.51.22.jpg
    2013-12-11 20.51.22.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 171

LBC

reef junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is for a covered tank, dont have ATO, dont want to put hands in water each time checking s.g.

If I dont get a controller, most likely will go with OnIt's cheap ebay pH/salinity monitor.. temps not a big deal as heater's preset to 78F and room is lightly heated our mild winters and lightly cooled throughout rest of year here in los angeles county.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: