Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've always used ESV, but will be switching to the Triton salts next week. The triton test results I received were pretty good, but there were some unusual heavy metals found. I'll do the test again in 3-4 months and see if anything changes.

1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I started using esv for a year until I couldn't find it at my lfs to do a water change. saw red sea pro and gave it a try.... never went back to esv!

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I considered switching, and I posted that on here. But after hanging with a friend while he mixed up some salt the other day and seeing how much product never dissolved I decided I'm going to stick with ESV. Personally I don't find it to be that much of a pain. It's more of a pain getting extra bits of product to dissolve than mixing a few parts of products. The owner of ESV is very in tune with his products and customers and is always more than willing to answer questions and take feedback.

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've been using ESV for a couple of years now. I'm thinking of switching because I'm getting inconsistent SW even though I'm using a digital scale to measure out all of the components. I would love to find bags of salt mix that make 10G of SW. That way you could use an entire bag (or 2) to mix new SW for water changes and not be concerned with elements in lager batches settling and not getting properly balanced SW. I know 2 Little Fishes had announced some time ago that they would be releasing a salt mix packaged this way, but I haven't seen it for sale. Does anyone know if that product will be released soon or if there is another salt mix on the market that is packaged this way?

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I'm using the reef salt made by aquaforest. Best salt I have ever used. Mixes in minutes and parameters have been spot on every time. I wanted to use the probiotic salt but I don't have sps and have read and heard many reports of it making tanks too clean. Perfect for people who like to overfeed

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: