JohnS_323

NJRC Group Buy Manager
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a few questions about adding/maintaining trace elements in our system. Right now we're running an ARM/Dolomite mix through a CR-6 Dual Stage Ca Reactor. The ratio is about 10 cups of ARM to 1 cup of Dolomite. We spent a lot of time mixing them together so I'm pretty sure it's a homogeneous mix. Our Ca and Alk numbers appear to be in line with each other but the Mg tends to be somewhat low. I've heard that the Dolomite is good for raising Mg but it's not keeping it in line with the others. Is it possible that we don't have enough mixed in?

I've also heard that people use crushed coral instead of ARM. Does that do a better job of maintaining trace elements? And if so, would you add it to the ARM mix or use it to replace the ARM mix? (Sadly) I have a bunch of skeletons that I can break up and use to fill one of the two chambers if you think it would help.

Thanks, and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I'm still new around here!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: