Acro76

cherrycorals.com farmer!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I heard this question quite a bit at the swap at Pratt, so I thought I would show a few pics!

This is a single polyp I fragged off a very ordinary colony. The original polyp (center) is very easy to distinguish from the baby polyps. In eight months, one polyp has grow to 13+ polyps! This mini-colony is almost ready to frag into 3 separate pieces.

Upnorth100copy.jpg

This is another frag, about 6 months old of our original "fruit loops"

Upnorth099copy.jpg

There are about 11 polyps on this frag...

Cherrycorals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Another method to increase overall growth is to surround that single polyp with epoxy. Push it right up to the edge of the polyp and then make a little dome. It gives the baby polyps something to grow on to.

Ill go out and get some epoxy today and prep one.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I get feeding mysis. But PDUBS is saying he grows 1-2 heads a week. That means in the 8 months you are speaking about. His acan could produce 32 to 64 Heads???? I think his acans must be bionic or something:scratchch:scratchch

We feed exclusively PE mysis. Its the best shrimp one the market!!!!

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
God Dean, you're so silly. Acanthastrea Lordhowensis is just some name a scientist gave the coral, not it's real name. That second one is called "Rainbow Bright Vs. Mac Truck Doing 100mph" and the first one is called "Yeti Herpes". Get with it Dean!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: