Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well Me and the fam went on a field trip today in search of fun, adventure and an albino alligator. Where else could you go but the Norwalk aquarium?

Here are some pics!

img_2314.jpg

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
This and the next posts are their propagation system. I got to talking with a few of the people and found out that they are in need of help with their reef tank, it is scratched and they need someone who is good with acrylic that can help buff out the scratches. They also are looking to redo the tanks as well and are looking for donations of coral, fish and inverts. They have a problem getting stock in and mentioned lookdowns and lionfish specifically. If you donate something they will give you a donation letter for your taxes. I would love to do a group donation to them since they don't have the resources that other places do. most of the workers there year round are volunteers and interns. They are required to get permits every time they go collecting on Long Island and would love anyone help them out.

img_2202_13610.jpg

img_2203.jpg

img_2204.jpg

img_2207.jpg

img_2208.jpg

img_2213_142242.jpg

img_2217_178039.jpg

(baby Sea horse breeding)
img_2220.jpg

img_2222.jpg

img_2223.jpg

img_2226.jpg

img_2229.jpg

img_2230.jpg

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
We had a great time as always the Sea Turtle and the Alligator are personal faves. This is right in our backyard and it's a nice place to go. http://www.maritimeaquarium.org/

I wonder if a frag/fish/invert drive would be possible from the people at MR. I think it would be a nice addition to the DBTC spirit shown here. They don't sell the livestock they educate people on it. I know one of our acrylic guys here might be able to help with that reef tank too.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Im really impressed with this place. I never even knew it existed, I thought the only options were Coney Island (which has much to be desired) and Atlantis (a bit of a hike). Im gonna check this place out this summer. Thanks for sharing great pics.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
beautiful pics chief, so clear !! thanks for sharing them, sounds like you had a blast :D

lol didnt realize this was july.. :lol2: still sweeeet!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: