A

Anonymous

Hi Gang,

Another note from the administrator....oh, that's me!

This first week is going to be a kind of "break in" period for all of us. Eric let me know that he would take it slow on you all w/ your first assignment...:)

We will get the first lecture up for Monday. You will be able to get all of the "stuff" you will need at:
www.reefs.org/maco/course_2

There is a list there...simply select which file you want to "dig through" We have:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>Lectures
Texts
Discussions
Quizzes
Labs</UL>

Start by grabbing the first lecture when available. Make sure that you can download it and are accustomed to using the Adobe Acrobat Viewer. If you don't have the viewer, you will need to go to www.adobe.com:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

and download and install it. This is YOUR responsibility. All course materials will be available in this format as it is "cross platform."

If any of the pages you download end up "upside down" or sideways, use the button in the toolbar for Acrobat Reader to rotate them. The button looks like a page with a curved arrow over it. You may also want to use the "view whole page" button (looks like a small page) to see pictures, etc. Again, get familiar w/ the viewer.

We have broken up the documents into pieces that you can download, however, some are still large, so make sure to leave time for that as well.

Once you have gotten the first introduction lecture, the next step is Wednesday's discussion. You will need to go to the #maco chatroom for the discussion. If you miss it, the log will be posted in:
www.reefs.org/maco/course_2/discussions

I will post a thread about how to join the #maco chatroom.

That's about it for now. Make sure and try everything out WELL in advance. Take some time to browse around in /course_2 etc.

Cheers
James

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

[This message has been edited by jamesw (edited 08 March 2001).]

A

Anonymous

Hehe. Some of those files on the http://www.reefs.org/maco/course_2/texts/reading1/ are going to be looooonnnnggg downloads for us modem users...
wink.gif
Good thing I have access from work! lol

liquid

A

Anonymous

That's why you're supposed to BUY the books Shane...

The lectures and discussion logs will be the important things that you will HAVE TO download and they are about 20k each.

HTH
James

------------------
Reefs.org Channel Operator

A

Anonymous

I *did* buy the books, James! lol

I'm still waiting for Borders.com to ship Eric's book and I ordered on 02/02/2001 along w/ the EIS books. I received both of the EIS books back on 02/21/2001 but I'm just waiting for Eric's book to get shipped.

I guess I shoulda made myself more clear. I was referring to Eric's books and not the EIS books...
biggrin.gif
A couple of those .pdf's of Eric's book are over 1 MB...my poor, poor modem...lol

liquid

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: