kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Greetings, I'd like to know if i labeled them correctly. Any help with ID'ing them will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kenny

#1 Yellow Tip - Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4840.jpg

#2 Light Green Stem/Purple Polyp - Photosynthetic
IMG_4830.jpg

#3 Pink Stem & polyps- Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4838.jpg

#4 Red Stem, Yellow Polyps- Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

#5 ???
IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

#6 Dark Purple Stem & Polyps - Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4843.jpg

#7 White Stem & Polyps- Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4912.jpg

#8 Dark Purple Stem & White Polyps- Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4889.jpg

#9 Yellow Finger - Non-Photosynthetic
IMG_4894.jpg

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
#5 is not an orange tree gorgonian but it is similar. I think it is more closely related to the blueberry gorg. Same type of polyps. Possibly from the Acanthogorgia species

#2 was labeled "Pacific Magenta Seafan" when I bought it. Not much help I know :irked:

#9 is Yellow Finger Gorgonian (Diodogorgia nodulifera)

#1 & #3 I think is of the Subergorgia or Acalycigorgia species but not 100% sure.

#7 is White Gorgonian (Eunicella singularis)

#4 I used to think it was Muricea californica but the polyps on the pic above are completely yellow and californica is not.

Here is a good link to start with: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/3/inverts

Here is some from the Philippines: http://www.poppe-images.com/images/search_results.php?species=Acalycigorgia species

Last edited:

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks Josh, those frags were acquired from Dom :)

Dom, thanks for info. I will spend some time at he links you suggested. So far, all but one of the frags have most( if not all) of their polyps extended. The only one i'm worried about is the white gorgonian, se hasn't opened up to me yet :(. Thanks again for the sweet frags.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: