seldin

Advanced Reefer
I had a relatively new nano reef tank a couple of months old. Was so sorry I bought true live rock from a reefer in Fiji. Came down with Green Hair Algae which I successfully dosed with Hydrogen Peroxide and got rid of. But then got Bubble Algae that I could not get rid of with Hydrogen Peroxide. I manually scraped rock and it still came back.

I researched and decided to buy Vibrant for Bubble Algae. Thought it was very expensive. I dosed twice a week, double the recommended dosage. After 3 weeks, bubble algae seemed to disappear over night and also my tank became very clear.

So bubble algae gone!!! I will try to lower dosage after another month because from what I read Hair algae and bubble algae had to be there to grow in the first place and hoping Vibrant will kill it all off once and for all.

So expensive but Vibrant killed bubble algae in 3 weeks like magic. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
I've had Vibrant successfully eradicate turf and hair algae in 3 different tanks but they all eventually developed Dinos which is another PIA to deal with. I also know that many have said that Vibrant might or will tank your nutrient levels thereby allowing Dinos to proliferate but none of my 3 tanks have bottomed nutrients so I'm a little suspect but it did address the nuisance algae.

SupremeFishGuy

zoanthid fanatic
I also had a small amount of bubble algae, especially on my powerhead. I chose to bite the bullet and spend the 27 bucks for a bottle of Vibrant. I was not let down, this stuff really works. If you are on the fence about it, I was in your position and I am glad i took the plunge and purchased some. It works very well, I dose it manually just once a week.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
I used Hydrogen Peroxide to get rid of hair algae. However, my calcium level dropped low.

There are many reefers who used it. For me, i tried the 3% of 1 ml for 10 gallons and that did not work by dosing.

What works is to spot treat on each rock with 1 ml dropper directly on rock of hair algae.

However, my tank really is sparkling clear with vibrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbo

Got Reef?
Vibrant works great but don’t be surprised if red slime pops up after use. Not a big deal and usually much more manageable than what you are trying eliminate and it usually settles down with a water change or two.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: