Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

I'm working on connecting my sump to my overflow box.

I'm struggling to find a hose wide enough to handle the diameter of the overflow box. I think its a bit over one inch in diameter. Home Depot doesn't have anything at 1 and 1/4 inch here in the city. I really want the hose "outside" of the connection point so I can securely clamp it down.

SO i was thinking - maybe I can just put it on an adapter to reduce the diameter to a size that I can get a hose to fit it.

Problem - can I use PVC cement to securely lock the connecting piece?

If anyone knows of a good online retailer to buy sump hose PLEASE let me know.

Also I was planning on using a 3/4 inch return hose on my mag 5 which is about 4 feet from the return point. Anyone forecasting any issues with that?

Thanks,
Roy Persson

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello,

I'm working on connecting my sump to my overflow box.

I'm struggling to find a hose wide enough to handle the diameter of the overflow box. I think its a bit over one inch in diameter. Home Depot doesn't have anything at 1 and 1/4 inch here in the city. I really want the hose "outside" of the connection point so I can securely clamp it down.

SO i was thinking - maybe I can just put it on an adapter to reduce the diameter to a size that I can get a hose to fit it.

Problem - can I use PVC cement to securely lock the connecting piece?

If anyone knows of a good online retailer to buy sump hose PLEASE let me know.

Also I was planning on using a 3/4 inch return hose on my mag 5 which is about 4 feet from the return point. Anyone forecasting any issues with that?

Thanks,
Roy Persson

You can get thay grey flex style tubing if you must have a clamp and DrFosterandSmith.com does carry it, but why not use regular 1" PVC and simply cement the joints together? I just moved into a new tank and redid all the plumbing it's easy as pie as long as you remember to dry fit everything together first to make sure everything is cut to proper length. PVC cement dries quickly and is extremely easy to apply.

A 3/4" return for a Mag 5 sounds good just remember at 4" that's not going to be pushing 500gph more like 320-350 keep in mind that but other than that a 3/4" return line is what I'm using now on a Mag7 with no issues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: