rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Yes, I probably will try (again) next month. I tried before with trying to transport eggs from Queens with no success; have a pair of spawning Occs and GSM there.

I place eggs (on tile, or what ever u have) in a plastic soup container. Cuts large holes in cover of soup container for water exchange. Place eggs into soup container with tank water, cover container. Then do a 2-3 gl WC and use the old tank water in a bucket to transport the soup container with the eggs....this way you have eggs secured in soup container with a large amount of water around it to keep parameters stable and prevent and sudden movements.

I actually remove the 2 gl of old tank water first, then move the eggs second, then refill tank lastly. This keeps the eggs in the same water the whole time.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I place eggs (on tile, or what ever u have) in a plastic soup container. Cuts large holes in cover of soup container for water exchange. Place eggs into soup container with tank water, cover container. Then do a 2-3 gl WC and use the old tank water in a bucket to transport the soup container with the eggs....this way you have eggs secured in soup container with a large amount of water around it to keep parameters stable and prevent and sudden movements.

I actually remove the 2 gl of old tank water first, then move the eggs second, then refill tank lastly. This keeps the eggs in the same water the whole time.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the advice, Rookie! I'll keep it in mind when I'm ready to transport some of the Occs' eggs back to Jersey. I'll learn with the pair of Cinnamons I have here... unfortunately, not much demand for Cinns.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: