Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have eight day old clown fry and have a question about feeding frequency. I am confused on how often to feed. Do you think baby brine three times a day and rotifers three times a day is enough? I am so used to continually feeding that I am not sure how to approach feeding as they get bigger/go through metamorphasis. Thanks.

rhdoug

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with them, what kind of clowns are you raising? I had gold stripe maroons. I lost the first few batches due to to what I think was the tank "floor" being too dirty. Since they sleep on the bottom at night, I started daily vacuuming of the bottom with some air line tubing right before lights out, that seemed to fix the problem.

westohooligan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can simplify your setup by cutting out the artemia. BBS are linked to a phenomenon called sudden fright syndrome where the fry drop dead when a light goes on or off.

I bred for years and never did the brine shrimp. I actually introduced my fry on day 5 to TDO A from Reed's Mariculture. Made my meta success rate over 90% and didn't have to deal with unnecessary cultures.

Are you running any sponge filters in the hatch tanks?

MatthewEwing

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always remember that clown will happily accept the wild variety of food. Basically any quality such as flakes or pellet will fine for them. However, mixing some frozen foods can make your clownfish happy and healthy. Generally, feed one time in a day is the best for them but this also depends on the size of the tank and the other inhabitants.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: