Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so this may be more venting than anything because I know the answer is that angels are hit or miss when it comes to having a taste for coral.

We have a beautiful, fat, Eibli that immediately took to both soft coral and LPS as we started to stock our 120. Tried hanging algae sheets which it loves and devours but still doesn?t keep away from LPS.

Anyone have suggestions other than kicking up feeding to twice a day and hanging algae sheets?

Hoping to keep it as this is one of my favorite fish but not at the expense of chowing down on my coral.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey there MR community. So it looks like this guy has got to go. Love the fish but it has brutalized LPS in tank. Eats like a champion-frozen, flake, pellets, dried seaweed, you name it this fish consumes.

Anyone interested once I catch it and banish to the sump? Would be pick up only in Orange County. Free to a good home with a minimum 100g tank.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pic

Attachments

• D46595A6-8257-4BFF-9EB1-987071A6DA01.jpg
    D46595A6-8257-4BFF-9EB1-987071A6DA01.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 197

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Not reef safe

I had one for a minute. They are not reef safe. Not even close. Killed a bunch of my corals before I figured out it was him. I was still new. Angels large and small are the most beautiful fish in the hobby but almost nothing can be trusted 100%. Good luck with the fishing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: