Shark Man

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I Have a 300 gallon DD Marineland I have 3 ecotech radion placed vertical . I'm adding 3 More echotech Radion Pro . Plan of putting them all horizontal 3 in the front & 3 in the Back . What percentage should I run them ? Will 6 radion be to much for light for my corals ?

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
+1 a lot of people don't like the radions too much.. Do a little research.. Def start them off low no matter which LEDs.. I just added two more ai's and I had to turn the whites down to 30%, blues to 60% they are 12 inches off the water on 30 inch deep tank..

Shark Man

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What kind of corals do you plan on keeping?
What light did you previously have them under?
How high will you be mounting them from the top of the tank water line?

I have 3 2gen ecotech radion now, I run them on 70 percent now. They mounted on the canopy . I have mix reef a bit of everything !! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358393255.266523.jpg I already ordered the 6 ecotech radion pro

Shark Man

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
+1 a lot of people don't like the radions too much.. Do a little research.. Def start them off low no matter which LEDs.. I just added two more ai's and I had to turn the whites down to 30%, blues to 60% they are 12 inches off the water on 30 inch deep tank..

Thank you ! I already run 3 of them on 70 percent . When I add the Other 3 thinking of bringing I down to 60 percent !!

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Yes def bring it down.. I'm telling ya it's almost annoying w the par the LEDs put out.. By adding one fixture on the right side of my tank it looked like 50% more light.. I still need to hook up the other side.. Now I don't have many shaded areas in the tank until my Sps grows in a little more.
I did move some scolys, and some of my Lps on the sand wasn't opening all the way.. I'm going to bring it up very slowly. I could put the fixture a little higher.. But I'm too lazy for now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: