liverock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Be advised i just left a meeting with the Bklyn bridge construction contractor and they stated that they will be closing the Manhattan bound lanes of the Bklyn bridge from 12am Saturday 4/27/13 to 6am Monday 4/29/13. If you are going to the swap plan a different route other than the Bklyn bridge.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sounds dumb but if I take the Verrazano I should be fine right ?? I'm thinking Bayonne to Staten Island to the Verrazano ...

The issue is getting to Manhattan from Brooklyn with the Brooklyn Bridge closed for the weekend.
You'll have to take either the Williamsburg or Manhattan Bridge over.

Here is the official update:
Note: Starting 12:01 am Saturday April 27th until 6 am Monday April 29th the Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to inbound/westbound traffic. Motorists proceeding inbound/northbound from south Brooklyn via the Belt Parkway and Gowanus Expressway should use 3rd Avenue/Hamilton Avenue into the toll facility Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel as the best route into lower Manhattan. Motorists proceeding inbound/westbound from Queens/Long Island should consider the Williamsburg Bridge, or the toll facilities at the Robert F Kennedy Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel, for best route into Manhattan. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: