bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
okay so the tank is 90 gallon

40 gallon sump

4 bulb t5ho light (bulbs are 5 months old, 9 hour photoperiod)

sro 2000xp skimmer

fuge

carbon and gfo mixed in a reactor

filter sock (changed every 3 to 4 days)

as for anemones :

2 long tentacles (one green one purple)

one very large sabae anemone

2 bubble tips

6 rock flowers

a few different euphylia, zoas and rics

now to the problem !

about a week ago my purple long tentacle detached from where it was currenty set, its a fairly new addition about a month now, so i figured he was unhappy and was just moving, well i cant get him to attach anywhere

then my very large sabae decided to detach as well about 3 days later (was added at the same time as the purple long tentacle)

now my green long tentacle which has been settled in the tank for over 6 months has detached his foot ! his foot was going through the sand bed and you could actually see it attached underneath the tank, now all i can see is the hole where his foot used to be, he moved slightly to the right but not much but i cannot tell if his foot is still attached.

one of my bubble tips has been settledfor almost 6 or 7 months and have never moved, but my second bubble tip which has been in the tank for approx 4 month is now wandering around but still attached just wandering

i did a water change last week
and as for feeding, i try to feed the anemones at least once a week, if not once every 2 weeks

i have not had a chance yet to check paramaters but i will post as soon as i can !

please someone give me insight !

Last edited:

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Lots of anemones in a 90. Trying and stick to a couple species. Anything change in flow or parameters can have one species get uncomfortable and look for new land.

Have you changed anything?

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
No new species will be added , only new stock would eventually be some more rockflowers and maybe a bubble tip or two if i can find soem nice ones

No changes in light
The only change in flow was i cleaned my jaebo wp25 , after theyve been cleaned they definetly have a little more flow its noticable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: