Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
The pictures are of it's sheded shell. :( It's in a wonton soup container for size reference.
I have no idea how it came to be in my tank. I haven't bought any LR, or dead for that matter in yearsssssssssssssss.

I believe it is beating up some of my fish, and would not be surprised if the fish that disapeared were done in by it. Currently my sailfin has chopped up dorsal fin, and my Potters Angelfish is missing it's tail. :(

I have tried the bottle with silversides in it, and it has not gone for it. What else can I try to get this thing out of my tank?

Attachments

• Black Crab shell 009 (1).jpg
    Black Crab shell 009 (1).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 528
  • Black Crab shell 009 (2).jpg
    Black Crab shell 009 (2).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 530

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
Wow. I hope someone can give you advice on how to catch it. How big is the tank?

I'd hate to have to take apart my aquascape but if something were attacking my fish, I'd just suck it up and do it. Alot easier said than done depending on size of tank and how your rocks are arranged. Good luck man

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Wow following this, same here saw a decent size one in my tank the other night and haven't add no rocks to my system since it was set up several years ago. I will try the bottle thing this weekend. Hope u get him soon.

Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
Complete rescape! You are going to have to take all the rock out and find that beast. careful and slow make sure you have a few buckets to separate the rock so if it is clinging to a rock you can chuck it in a separate container.
Then get out th eold bay seasoning and the double boiler and crabfeast! LOL! Dont eat it! It was a joke!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you ALL for your advice! Much appreciated!!!

I do believe I know where it's home is. Unfortunately for me it is the bottom rocks on the right side of the 155 gallon tank. Guess I'll be taking that side apart. Hopefully I will remember how to put it back the way I have it now. I do like how it looks.

That beast has got to go, and soon. It would be quite difficult to place a glass by those rocks.:(

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awilda, put one of these in there, he will scare that wimpy crab out of your tank. OK, maybe not, just build a small crab trap that looks like a lobster trap. You can use your WanTon containers. Make a hole on one side a little larger than the crab and glue in a cone or even a tube that the crab can fit through. Bait it with a piece of fish or clam. I catch crabs all the time because I throw so much stuff in my tank from the sea. Good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: