House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
I got the idea to start this tread in the hopes of consolidating some of the conversation while providing a resource for reefers who always ask what the TDS rating is in their area and have not yet bought a TDS meter or perhaps are evaluating which RO/DI unit to get (number of stages).

I will keep track of TDS readings by city and where needed provide a range if the range varies widely enough to warrant. NOTE: TDS readings are often impacted by the age of the pipes in your home/building and may influence the results.

Since the water supply varies in the Winter and in the Summer, I want to make sure everyone provides Winter and Summer readings.

5 Boroughs
Bronx
*Morris Park - Winter 55-65
Brooklyn
*Bensonhurst - Winter 44
*Clinton Hill - All Year 30-35
New York City
Queens
Staten Island
*New Springville - All year 7-10

Long Island
*Baldwin - Winter 44
*Lindenhurst - Winter 72; PSI 55
*Valley Stream - 179 Summer, 172 Winter : PSI 60-65

Westchester County

*Ossining ? 36 Summer, 28 Winter: PSI 45
*White plains - 37 Winter
Yonkers -

New Jersey
*Possaic CTY - Winter 144
*Union County - 200-400

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Valley Stream, NY = hi 170s summer, low 170s winter.

It's not my house's plumbing. The whole area is around these numbers, give or take.

Oh, psi is normally around 60-65, sometimes lower, depending on time of day.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm in New Springville Staten Island, I get 20 to 25 when I initially turn it on right from the tap, but after letting it run for 2 mins it it drops and stays at 7 to 10 tds. Same results summer and winter.
Wow. Without a whole house water filter or some other means, that's surprising. Would think to calibrate your tds meter.
Normally under 35ppm can be expected in the city, and 35-45 in the surounding areas. The further away, the higher the tds. SI is normally 45-55.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
meat I disagree . life of membrane . If you prefilter the water going in it will lower the tds ratding . I do a 10 to a 5 micron ant two carbon filter before membrane there are also two last but not least 3 di cartridges . also run a booster pump .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: