bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I came a cross a thread on another forum from NCReefGuy and thought another snake oil treatment for bryopsis, GHA, ect. After hearing many success stories and his own with pictures i figured id try it out on my SPS tank which im very weary of trying anything out of the ordinary. Yes, i keep my nutrients down and regular water changes but this bryopsis would not go away. It did diminish a bit with my ozone reactor but it was still there even with PO4 at 0.03
I ordered some pills called Fluconazole and my adventure began. i started on 4/11/17 and today and 4/19/17 its 70% gone. no ill effects to the corals or fish or inverts. This is a breakthrough and hopefully will keep reefers in the game instead of throwing in the towel when they come up against that wall. ill post a link to his thread but not sure if im allowed, if its not then im sure it will be taken down but this is well worth the read.
Lets make reefing great again!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bryopsis-cure-my-battle-with-bryopsis-using-fluconazole.285096/

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wish there was a breakthrough for Dinos because I just got them. Lost one Gorgonian and soon another, corals aren't happy also.... man this sucks!

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
after doing a little research this is one use----flucanazole 150mg capsules are a antifungal medication to treat va**nal(woman) yeast infection caused by a yeast known as candidaits amazing to see the pics and seeing what it does to bryopsis amazing

Last edited:

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
so you buy 100dollars worth of this for a 6 day supply to treat 150 gallon tank how often do you use it. they say stop after 5 days and what happens then does it go away forever ?

You dont dose all the days just the one dose for first day and let it do its thing. I did this to my tank few months ago. Killed byropsis and did damage the GHA that my emerald crab just smothered away.
Works quite well. I did have some. BUbble algea not much but its gone too.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yes just dose once and keep it for like 14 days then do a larger waterchange. I turned skimmer and all reactors off. After waterchange turn everything back on again as normal

While taking carbon offline is important it's recommended to keep GFO running to keep p04 down so not all reactors exactly. Mainly carbon because it will remove the med. I kept

I dosed 4/1/17. All my bryopsis is gone. I'm going to get some more so I can have it on hand incase I have to treat again.

On another side note there have been several cases of people having it come back, and some strains have proven more resilient than others.

There's literally hundreds of pages of threads on other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
4/23/17 update
Only one place I see a few roots not more than a quarter inch so safe to say within two weeks it completely took care of the problem and I didn't clear out any of the long bushy bryopsis in the tank just to see the progress and effect it would have before my very eyes. I'll leave everything status quo for two more weeks before starting up all my equipment I turned off. Thank g-d it worked out will no adverse effects to anything in my tank. Sps corals still doing great and so are the fish. Only thing you would have to compensate for is alk parameters since there's no water change going on and no skimmer pulling water out. My alk went up but I knew to monitor it so as not to have a major spike. Other than that it was all smooth sailing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: