joereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I'm running GFO right now in my 40gallon mix reef tank, and I'm still getting this brown algae film in my glass that just wont go away. Sometimes it last 3 days without appearing and then itll come back. I came across this chemical (Phosphate Rx) not sure if I should try it. My Phosphate level is at .092ppm lowest Ive seen is .069ppm with the GFO. Just tryin to see if anyone has used this chemical.

Also, if I do use it should i stop the GFO from working together with it as well. Please let me know thank you!!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I've been using Phosphate RX for the last 4 months in my SPS tank and no longer use GFO. Results have been great. I don't use as suggested though. I give 6-8 drop a few times per week (130g water volume) into my overflow box which goes into my 200micron filter sock and then skimmer. No negative results that I've noticed, po4 staying where I want it.

It's very powerful, I would start at half of the recommend dosage or even less. Most suggest to use a 10 micro sock to catch the particulate matter that forms from the binding of po4. It wouldn't be possible to continually run a 10 micron sock, so this would be an occasional larger dosage to keep po4 in check.

joereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been using Phosphate RX for the last 4 months in my SPS tank and no longer use GFO. Results have been great. I don't use as suggested though. I give 6-8 drop a few times per week (130g water volume) into my overflow box which goes into my 200micron filter sock and them skimmer. No negative results that I've noticed.

It's very powerful, I would start at half of the recommend dosage or even less. Most suggest to use a 10 micro sock to catch the particulate matter that forms from the binding of po4. It wouldn't be possible to continually run a 10 micron sock, so this would be an occasional larger dosage to keep po4 in check.

Thank you for the respond. My system doesnt have a filter sock in it and ive tried to find a way to attach one but cant. Would I still be able to use it without the sock ???

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thank you for the respond. My system doesnt have a filter sock in it and ive tried to find a way to attach one but cant. Would I still be able to use it without the sock ???

Honestly, I'm not sure if you can use it without a way to remove the milky water that forms when you dose. Maybe search some threads on Reefcentral.

joereefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Honestly, I'm not sure if you can use it without a way to remove the milky water that forms when you dose. Maybe search some threads on Reefcentral.

Ive seen youtube saying that as long as I run a skimmer, the skimmer would be able to remove the cloudiness away. Of course it'll take much longer but it should do the work. But your right let me see I could research a bit more on it. Thank you again for your feedback..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: