Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
To my surprise I came home to see clownfish eggs in my tank.

I?ve had these clowns for about 2.5 years

536f2d5b1b19ebbd7ab8f9ca603d51b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
52538ad3db49b5474238ea9045eabae1.jpg

10ab1d11df48f1caeacd4db0c00b6b27.jpg
56ea6a689f3bac1477c36ac4da2b0b7e.jpg

Last edited:

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They make great food when they hatch. Also the female will lay eggs often now if you keep things the same. Watch your female, you will actually notice her get wider when she is about to lay eggs.

thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Eggs go thru color stages. When freshly laid they are gold colored. As time goes on they turn grey at this point they will hatch and all your fish will react immediately.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
There's actually a lot of material out there on raising fry, the 2 biggest problems are filtration systems, and feeding them. In theory, if you had a regular supply of green seawater, fresh from the ocean and kept them in a tank (kessel) running on just an air stone, you could raise them up, but in practice its not practical. I guess the other idea, in theory is if you were to have a fish cage, and placed the fry in the ocean, they would also develop, assuming the cage had some method of holding them. Anyway, I if you had a giant container of green sea water sitting outside in the sun, you may be surprised what you catch in a few weeks. As for me, I tried raising sexy shrimp larval in a kessel, but couldn't get them past 10 days.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: