Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
So for the past few months, my entire tank has been shutting down for a total of 5 seconds. Everything. Pumps. Lights. Etc. And then everything turns on back normal.

I had a certified electrician run 2 separate circuits to the breaker exclusively for just this tank. I had a second certfified electrician( a friend) double check the work and he doesn't see anything out of the ordinary.

However, it's becoming a huge distraction. It happens sometimes 1x a day, sometimes 6x a day and lately its been happening back to back. Everything boots back up as normal, even the wifi stuff like the Hydra lights and Apex.

What could possibly be happening? Do I need to unplug all my equipment one by one and diagnose? Is something perhaps shorting a circuit? The rest of the house is fine. It happens to BOTH circuits though, because most of the lights are on one circuit while the pumps/chiller/ato are on the 2nd circuit and I hear/see everything shut down.

All run on the same Apex

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on how to move on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: