Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately, I'm noticing my ORP is around 416 to 467 avg 457.48. My Ph daily range from 8.08 to 8.24 avg 8.16.

The only time it goes down is when I water change. What can I do to lower the ORP?

What causes high ORP?

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Why are you worried about the orp? I pay zero attention to it. Mine always steadily increases until a water change and then went down. Only thing I found it useful for was if something died in the tank and I didn’t see it you could tell because the orp would spike.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you worried about the orp? I pay zero attention to it. Mine always steadily increases until a water change and then went down. Only thing I found it useful for was if something died in the tank and I didn’t see it you could tell because the orp would spike.

Thank you for your reply. I did not pay much attention 7 years ago since the range was 325-420. After I added some more frags, I was looking at my ORP and noticed the high value. I look back at the apex limited history and it has been a steady high value. I then saw a BRS video and it mentioned normal flux with PH. BRS also states it should not be more than 450. With my constantly high values. This concerned me.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Have u seen any changes to your tank since the orp levels are higher? Coral coloration one pe still good? Fish all healthy? If so I wouldn’t get crazy with it. Also how are u testing orp? I’m assuming through an apex? Have u changed your probe? Or maybe it needs to be changed?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u seen any changes to your tank since the orp levels are higher? Coral coloration one pe still good? Fish all healthy? If so I wouldn’t get crazy with it. Also how are u testing orp? I’m assuming through an apex? Have u changed your probe? Or maybe it needs to be changed?

No change. I did notice some corals bleached are coming back to life (color) again. My yellow tang’s belly is white. I'm testing with apex and have not changed my probe. I did read that someone cleaned their probe and it dropped by 100. I'll try that next.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I did read that someone cleaned their probe and it dropped by 100. I'll try that next.

Clean it a couple of days ago. It is within range now.

ac9e39d9bbc8448bc21705a425ef62a8.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: