marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
At one point in time it was the best aquarium around bar none, but it fell into disaray, and Sandy definitely didn't help. It's nice to see the aquarium in Coney Island bounce back and maybe in time it will approach the level it once was at, and from the video it seems to be on the right road to doing just that.

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
At one point in time it was the best aquarium around bar none, but it fell into disaray, and Sandy definitely didn't help. It's nice to see the aquarium in Coney Island bounce back and maybe in time it will approach the level it once was at, and from the video it seems to be on the right road to doing just that.

Yes i see it coming back too as a local i use to visit as a kid and it is coming back from sandy and upgrading many new things they are going to open a kid friendly section with jellyfish and touch tanks they have a 4d theater and the shark exhibit is really beautiful slowly but surely it will come back to being one of the top aquariums

gobywon

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm very happy to see the place change again. When I was young, over fifty years ago, the beluga whales in the main exhibit, were the the chit, along with the baby warlrus olaf. I remember scratching his chin, and handling the foot across baby sea turtles on member days. The place did a huge deep dive to the negative side by the time I took my own kid there . Now they appear to have the needed, private funding, to make the place awesome again. The New York Zoological society, which includes the Bronx zoo, one of the top few world class zoos , ( go and take your kids, if you haven't been there) has a long history of extremely strong private support, which made the place a world leader in conservation and display of amazing and endangered animals. Thank god. Public, ( ie tax support), will never do it, too much partisan garbage. These places need large and small private donations, by the concerned, which make them what they need to be. This stuff needs to be seen.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: