JimmyStacks

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, new here. Today I bought what I believed was supposed to be a dragon soul torch from a member on here. I brought it home and it’s looks like just a basic black torch. I have tried texting him but got no response back. Please help, what can I do?

JimmyStacks

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the pic
74308E83-7CFC-4054-9BB3-BC6CEF198E9F.jpeg

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
As a neutral by stander here, who has gone through a ton of named SPS, where they don't turn out the way they should, it's all a matter of the conditions its under. You need to give it time to adjust to your system. Yes it's possible its not the premium version of the named coral, (there are so many shades of quality and color which they would exhibit only under optimal conditions.) Plus after a few generations of fragging and cloning, from the mother, there is probably going to be some differences. All we can do is trust the seller's source, and his source and so forth until we get to coral "zero", the original.
ie right now, I currently have a green pocillipora, which turned rainbow under my lighting, and a purple one, which has developed a green skin! Have a pink birds nest, which I picked up completely green, but I recognized the structure and assume it was cut from the base, not the top.
To prevent miscommunications, it should always be WYSIWYG under both actinics and full spectrum lighting. Ultimately the buyer has to decided to take it or not.

So in regards to your torch, I'm curious as to what lighting you have it under? a little more 450 and 420 and a little less 10K may go a long way. Your photo seems to be under a very yellow light 1:1 Blue:white, whereas Jason's seems more like 2:1 blue:white.

Jason203

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
As a neutral by stander here, who has gone through a ton of named SPS, where they don't turn out the way they should, it's all a matter of the conditions its under. You need to give it time to adjust to your system. Yes it's possible its not the premium version of the named coral, (there are so many shades of quality and color which they would exhibit only under optimal conditions.) Plus after a few generations of fragging and cloning, from the mother, there is probably going to be some differences. All we can do is trust the seller's source, and his source and so forth until we get to coral "zero", the original.
ie right now, I currently have a green pocillipora, which turned rainbow under my lighting, and a purple one, which has developed a green skin! Have a pink birds nest, which I picked up completely green, but I recognized the structure and assume it was cut from the base, not the top.
To prevent miscommunications, it should always be WYSIWYG under both actinics and full spectrum lighting. Ultimately the buyer has to decided to take it or not.

So in regards to your torch, I'm curious as to what lighting you have it under? a little more 450 and 420 and a little less 10K may go a long way. Your photo seems to be under a very yellow light 1:1 Blue:white, whereas Jason's seems more like 2:1 blue:white.

I used orange filter and running AB+ setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I don’t know much about the dragon soul torches but I’m just curious about a couple of things. Did the seller post a picture of the torch in the original thread and if so did it have the colors you were expecting? I’m also wondering if there’s a chance the color of the coral currently could be related to stress? Maybe it hasn’t acclimated yet. Always good to give benefit of the doubt to the seller. Maybe it’s a misunderstanding. Hope things get sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yousolo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Well, under blue you can tell if it dragon soul or not 100%. It's very hard to mistake with something else.

However, I can't tell without oranges filter.

Another question. Did seller show you dragon soul pictures and sold u something different. Or is he confused of that he has from the beginning?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: