Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hi
So I’ve been having trouble coloring up sps
Finally got around to checking my par and was getting 2-300 mid tank 100 on bottom was kinda surprised thought it should be more all bulbs 2 months old
Could it be a ballast issue or heat issue ?
All bulbs seem to be firing properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Fixture is 8” above tank prob 10” from top of water tank is 28” deep (I could lower it 6” ) but rather leave it where it is so I can get hands in tank with out messing with fixture
I have Acrilyic custom screen inserts but I measured with and with out screen and there was a Sm difference in par reading
I was using a apogee I believe meter from advanced marine aquatics

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I guess to narrow my ? Down a bit I wanna make sure the fixture it self is working properly
So is it possible that all the bulbs fire up and appear to be fine but for some reason they r not putting out the correct amount of par ?

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Yeah what bulbs are you using? I'm running ATI blue plus and coral plus (4ea) my fixture is about 14" over the water 14" down I am 400 par this is on a shallow tank but should still be putting out more.

Are you running XHO strips with it also?

What model par meter?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
It’s apogee
I bought 2 azure I think they called to try and they look horrible gonna replace with blue +
Seems like most sps guys going with 2 coral + in middle and the rest blue +

Should I go with 4 coral + to give it extra punch ?

Thanks guys any thoughts on maybe adding a fan to try keep it cooler?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: