Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I bought a reeflo dart brand new last spring and within days noticed sm amount salt creep by shaft fast forward to last week and was getting worse and worse I figure I’ll change the seal on it ordered it 30$ for a tiny part
Swap it out beautiful working great for few days look this morning and more salt creep not happy at all

I don’t recommend these pumps gonna be looking into an Iwaki no desire to waste my sm amount of free time fiddling around with a pump last Iwaki pump I had 0 issues and it was used several yrs old all dented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Matt I’ve been using Darts,hybrid and golds for over 15 years they have a warranty and good customer service...They always lasted at least 3-4 years of continuous service before they needed service and the golds even longer, but there’s always the exception. Give them a call ...I have the info if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I hear they always need maintance and when a seal goes from regular wear they leak that's how u k ow they need to be changed .I dont like that idea ..I have been using panworld for over 20 years now and never had a single issue they are workhorses .I will not change

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've liked and used both pumps. The Reeflo moves a lot of water for lower power use where the Iwaki/Pan World are pressure pumps that use a lot more power. Just to give you an idea as this was the reason I switched to the Dart from an Iwaki for my return pump, knowing I'd have to swap the seal every few years. Both pumps still required a yearly breakdown to clean the impeller.

At 6 feet of head pressure
Dart moves ~3000 GPH at 175W
Iwaki MD100 moves 1600 GPH at 408W
Pan World 1560GPH at 380W

I'd reach out to Reeflo, if the seal started leaking early they'll send you a new set for free under the warranty.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi Matt,

Not sure if this is to support as I've only contacted them via email but this number is on the parts invoice 719-231-2761.

Can you see where the water is coming from, the ceramic seal or the metal seat?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I wouldn’t mind once a yr this thing already leaking 3 days after changing seal I’m in contact with reeflo going through did u do this did u do that then I’ll get sent all these parts to swap thing will prob still leak obviously it’s an issue with there pumps shame on me I guess for not researching it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: