Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Anyone in the queens live close to the queens area and can help me QT my Anthias. I was able to catch him and he is not looking too good.

9f41caf8a6bc03a2718ac4a8eaf7e82d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
He have bad case of fin rod. Bacterial disease. It looks too far gone.
Is he still eating? How long he been like that? I’m in Brooklyn. Contact me if you need help.
Thank you so much man. So what happened was I did not see him for over a week and when he did pop up, he looked really bad and I didn't have a QT tank ready for him. I know I could have quickly setup a 10 gallon but he passed yesterday before I could get one up and ready. I have a new born so I didn't have that much time available to get this done. I really am thinking about a QT tank now.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Sorry for your loss, sounds like he lived a longer life in your tank than in the wild, could have been eaten by a frogfish years ago. I'm curious, what is the lifespan of this fish in captivity? could he have died of old age.?

I was wondering about that but I think that it definitely had a few more years.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hey guys so I have a crazy theory and want to get your thoughts with this product. I had a couple of aptasia pop up in the main display and because I didn’t have a Cooper band in there I decided to use Aptasia X.... not sure if it’s a coincidence but around the time that I used it is when the Bltchie went MIA.

Anyone have a crazy experience like this because I really hope that he didn’t eat what was left over after I turned the power heads back on.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Do u have other aggressive anthais in there?
Did a fish go to town on him I actually had same issue removed the fish that was stalking the blochy and it actually made full recovery tough fish ime

This was back in may and I unfortunately lost the fish :/ I didn't see any fish pick on them but I think I made a rookie mistake and didn't give them a good environment to settle in on. When I moved back to NY, my aquascape did not have enough hiding spots for them because I brought back the fish first before I collected all my corals from my buddies. Because of this, I think they got pretty stresse overtime.

Let's just say that moving sucks!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: