stan450z

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Check out how my sediment filter looks like after 1 use! Produced 25 gallons. Does this looks normal? Looks extremely filthy. I live in a newer high rise in Manhattan. Brought 30 TDS to 0.

Attachments

• 32EADFE6-FC9F-4393-B236-328C1ACE077A.jpeg
    32EADFE6-FC9F-4393-B236-328C1ACE077A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yes indeed, in a new building you will probably end up with a lot of residue from the fact that the pipes have seen little use.

Something to think about: you might want to get an ICP test on freshly made water. A user here had a problem with new pipes due to soldering residue.

Czynot

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
New plumbing have a lot of tin and copper in the water due to new solder joints and copper pipes haven’t develop a oxidize layer yet.
Do icp test to confirm heavy metal levels.

Evillal5

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also might want to buy a pre sediment filter. Because nyc pipe system is very old even though you live in a new building. It should help with slowing down the use of your sediment filter. Other wise get another sediment filter canister to add on your unit .
6a1a6e6039fad665a5076cf319ee5f5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
NYC TDS is around 33 so your right there. I change my sediment filter often to preserve the rest of the filters as long as possible. I use the 0.5 string filter which lasts much longer and better IMHO. Ill even flush the outside of the filter if it get too brown so it doesn't seep though, this help alot to preserve the sediment filter.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: