Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Pictures says everything. I have the purple, orange and seasons greetings capricornis. I mounted the fresh cut frags myself, as plates, but look whats happening. The purple and orange have encrusted the plug and appears to be growing upwards, where as the seasons greetings is growing columns, straight up. None of these guys are growing into plates and now I'm unsure how or where to place them on my rock work.

It's a bit hard to see the original plate piece on the purple, but in the orange you can see it right in the middle, an upside down triangle. It grew down over the old dead coral, then as it filled it in, it has grown that protrusion upwards from the triangle. The seasons greetings/chilli pepper is pretty obvious. The growth is upwards all along the perimeter, forming a cup-like structure. I guess it didn't like the lowest point of the plate, where it didn't grow at all, and now it looks like a spout.
20210724_164618.jpg

Last edited:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
looking at the frags, your flow should be coming from left top direction.
I find caps will grow against
the direction of the flow and thickness depends on the flow rate.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: