JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
My uncle learn this lesson about a year ago. Ever since then i have always used those ugly bright green dish washing gloves. you know the ones that go all the way up to your elbows!

tho im sure even a plain simple pair of nitrile gloves would work just as well

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Oh boy dumb of me didnt wear the goggles cut the zoo and it squirt zoo juice in my right eye ....... i used contact disinfectant all over my eye, I read in calfo's book - a very bad eye infection...... OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG. lets hope not. Any other thing i should do w/ my eye jeebus rince with cup stuff.... brb any suggestions. ----------------------

halp me!!! :O :smash:

Don't be like Aaron !

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
Those coralife gloves remove all sense of touch from your hands which is why I don't like it. A better option would be to use doctor examination gloves which are powder free. $10 for 100 pairs.

same here...add a thick rubber band (from the junk mail) around the wrist to keep water from getting in. Trash it when done!

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Group Buy?

Those coralife gloves remove all sense of touch from your hands which is why I don't like it. A better option would be to use doctor examination gloves which are powder free. $10 for 100 pairs.
How about these 12" Extended Cuff?
Or do you have something better in mind? - I really need some! - Let's do a group buy.
Oh yeah. I already have aqua gloves (red and blue ones) and I don't like them since I can't grab to thin hairy stuff in my tank in them!

GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
great advice, sadly i didint read it in time, last night while fragging zoas i got a metalic taste in my moulth then alittle time after found it slightly harder to breath. Even though i didint have any cuts on my hands it still effected me, thankfully it wasnt that bad it wore off overnight.

GrimReeferrr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
yeah im fine.....i didint actuly frag them they were already cut i was just glueing them onto a plug, i dunno if it was just in the water from the bag or what.

NIGHTCRAWLER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
i had an incident the other night. my peppermint shrimp was in my overflow box,and could not get him out, so i stop the u tube flow and dumped him back in tank, but i had too start the u tube sipon again with the air hose, i attached a longer air hose so i wouldn't get any tank water in my mouth, well any way i did get it in my mouth, and in a couple of minutes, i got dizzy,faint, and very hard too breath, then was hot and cold. this lasted about 2 hr's. i was so close to going to emergency room. well any ways i waited it out and feel fine, but was very scary. i'll never be doing that again.

Orca1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Don't know if this is good advice or bad.......probably bad.

About 10 years ago I worked at Jordan's Lobster in Sheepshead Bay. We always would get punctures from lobster spines (ones under the nail really hurt:grumpy:). We would pour bleach into the puncture as soon as it happened. The puncture would hurt for maybe an hour or so, then the pain would always go away. When I didn't do this, the pain would last for days.

This probably wouldn't help since we're dealing with venom/other toxic chemicals in corals. We would probably be better off calling poison control (800-222-1222).

PS......Lionfish stings really really hurt:eek:.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: