kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks for chiming in guys.

Im definately gonna pass on these lights. Their rep advise 200-300 par output.But did not specifiy at what depth.

I guess DIY high-output led lighting will be the only solution...for now at least.

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I m just tgetting bck into the hobby and currently shopping for a nano setup (about 30 gallons). Im thinking of either a Cadlight 39, Solara, or stock 29 gallon with diy LEDs. I planning to put it all together like other reefers over at nano-reefs.com.

How do your leds compare with the Crees (xr-e) and Rebels? Do i need more or less of them in a array (compared to Crees with optics?) What do i need to drive your leds? can i us buckpucks? seems like that it the simplest for small arrays. What degree of light spread are those leds? any technical data would be cool.

Thanks,
Kenny

I do have the RAW LEDs if you need them. I can get you the 150 lumens 12,000K ones.

fernandokng

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Good question. I'm wondering the same.

I m just tgetting bck into the hobby and currently shopping for a nano setup (about 30 gallons). Im thinking of either a Cadlight 39, Solara, or stock 29 gallon with diy LEDs. I planning to put it all together like other reefers over at nano-reefs.com.

How do your leds compare with the Crees (xr-e) and Rebels? Do i need more or less of them in a array (compared to Crees with optics?) What do i need to drive your leds? can i us buckpucks? seems like that it the simplest for small arrays. What degree of light spread are those leds? any technical data would be cool.

Thanks,
Kenny

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Good question. I'm wondering the same.

mine 150 lumens and color is 12,000K.
Cree 107 lumens and color is 5,000-10,000K

Cree DOES NOT make any 12,000K bulbs as far as I know and I also believe you would like higher K for reefing or we are talking about the $6 ones.

You can use the buck thing. Mine runs at 700ma. 120 degree.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Wingo, are much are you charging for the Cree XR-E q4 Royal Blue LEDS?

I don't sell them

IMO, Cree no longer is the leader in LED technology since they introduced the luxeon years back. I see no break thru since then from them.

Blue LEDs are best known with the company Nichia and the person named Shuji Nakamura

Last edited:

April

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine 150 lumens and color is 12,000K.
Cree 107 lumens and color is 5,000-10,000K

Cree DOES NOT make any 12,000K bulbs as far as I know and I also believe you would like higher K for reefing or we are talking about the $6 ones.

You can use the buck thing. Mine runs at 700ma. 120 degree.

yours has 150 lumens / per watt with 12,000K? :irked:

April

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what little I know about LED's, there is no one can offer 150 lumens / per watt with 12,000K, that is very strange :splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: