Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
So is there any thing against multiple changes each week. Or can you do too many changes? I would love to see the responses to this.

Thinking like 2 5gal water changes a week on my 54 corner.

Maybe every Wednesday and Saturday.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
According to an article I once read, multiple small changes are better than one big change for the same volume. I do 10 percent a week and it works for me. You don't want to over do it because both fish and coral don't like drastic changes. Your aiming for 20 percent. It should be ok.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
yeah man for some reason water changes with corner tanks doesnt seem to be a big deal and some corals prefer dirtier waters i guess you have good levels of ocean trates and if you have plenty of live rock then there goes your filtration for ya, less stress from the bio load . i think we are three pease in the same 54 gallon pod lol

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Lol. I have a sps dominant tank so I'm thinking more changes are better. But I'm not sure thats why I'm asking lol.was doing 5g once a week. But I think with nutrient replacement and water cleaning will be more stable. What you guys think.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
man its one of those trial by error scenarios really, you can take a small video of your tank and do 5 gals a week and take notice of growth or of clarity in your water and then do it with a more frequent water change table, of course you will see better clarity with more frequent but check your pars frquently through the testing periods and im sure you will find the perfect medium for you, after all no 2 tanks have the same bio- load !.
keep me posted

midtownman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
my set up consist of
120 watt pac sun led
25 watt aqua uv
Bio pellets &
Carbon reactors
Reef octopus xp1000sss
Mag 7 return
Ato top off
15g fresh water top off
Filter sock
Two mp10es wireless
Korila2 for flow behind live rock
Two BRS dosing pumps
All in a 10g dyno with three baffles the skimmer just fits inside (thank god)

Last edited:

midtownman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

midtownman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i dont have anything in there yet cause i just finished cycling due to moving to jersey there's a diy thread on here where someone made a screen cover for our tanks im definely gonna do it,i already had a few jumpers

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: