Not open for further replies.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo.jpg

Version PB - SNEAK PEEK!

-Version PB shown without LEDs installed.

Dimensions -23" Tall - 8.375" Diameter Foorprint - Recommended Flow rate 200-300 GPH (Maxi-Jet 1200) - 3 Adjustable Diffuser Plates

To become a retailer please contact Tristan Wilson @ 860 - 318 - 6460 or [email protected]

Last edited:

TaylorJane

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working with Pratt Reef's system for 3 years and I can vouch that the ARID is amazing when it comes to keeping phosphates low. The water quality of our 240g SPS dominated reef is maintained almost entirely by just this piece of equipment.

Can't wait to see the nano version for my own tank :)

FishLife-Aquariums

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im installing this reactor on a total 2200gallon system with the pax bellum masters,

There is a 90lb clam in the tank

16 ecotech radions

200 gallon cryptic black out sump

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-23 22:16:38 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-23 22:16:38 EDT.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 810
  • ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-23 22:16:55 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-23 22:16:55 EDT.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 803
  • ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-23 22:17:20 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2014-03-23 22:17:20 EDT.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 796

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Nice looking purple mantle gigas which looks like the one in my avatar picture. :smile: Saw the reactor yesterday at NERAC and it looks great!

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
Thank you very much! We believe the proof of our systems ability is not only in the finely machined workmanship but also in its results.

The beautiful 240 reef under the care of Prattreef has been using ARIID technology as it's main source of filtration and nutrient export since the tank was established in 2006!

where can we see the tank and filtration in action? I'd like to see pics or video showing the arrid as main filtration and see the health or corals. please point me in the right direction.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
where can we see the tank and filtration in action? I'd like to see pics or video showing the arrid as main filtration and see the health or corals. please point me in the right direction.

Look at Pratt Reefs tank. It's loaded with fish and SPS and is quite successful.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to stop by our booth at the MR Spring Frag Swap for a hands on experience with our products and any other detailed questions you have concerning its function, maintenance, and ease of use.

I am sure several other ARID users will be on Han at the swap to answer any other questions.

We highly recommend visiting Pratt's 240 and see what 7 yrs of success looks like.

coralcruze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.4%
228   11   0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJRIgSFzsu0

Doesn't show the ARID but does show its results. ARID system has been running on this tank since 2006.

Thanks Tristen... I watched the vid. Certainly a nice tank and agree very successful. I see a deep sand bed and live rock as passive filtration.

However, what the video does not show is (and this is huge) the big part of the puzzle >>> export vs. bio-load. I have absolutely no idea how often/how much they feed the animals shown??? I have no idea how many/how frequent the water changes are completed??? Have no idea what type of additives and suplementation is used on the tank??? Have no idea what the total water volume of the system. Sais 220 main tank but how much more is tied to system? Lastly I have no idea what the tested values of the tank over time is/was???

Its a pretty vid and is very interesting to see. Never been to the swap believe it or not but there is now a major reason to go. Is this tank open to the public to view anytime? and is there any published written spec on some of my questions posted above?

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a 70 gallon sump half way filled so minus the rock Its about 200 gallons. I can assure you Randy has a heavy hand when it comes to feeding. He'll be the first to admit it. Water changes are not on a strict regiment. I believe its maybe once every 3-4 months 10-20% I'll have to check with Randy again. I've known it to go 6 months between changes, and we only did the change because we got nervous, not that any water parameters that we could test for were off. Phosphate when the Chaeto is growing fast can be down .03ppm when we missed that it needed potassium or boron and it growth slowed it spiked to 0.1ppm. Also depending when you test during the day and Randy's heavy feeding it averages around .05-.07ppm, Nitrate is kept at 1-5ppm targeting 2.5ppm. Besides the nitrate and iron addition a splash here and there of strontium and iodine. The tank is using ESV b-ionic two part and Mg to adjust mg levels when they start going low.
The tank is at the Pratt Institute Writing Center and is open for viewing during the writing centers hours.

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
enhanced.jpg

Close up shot of the Enhanced Heat Sink and Heat Pipe Assembly.

The heat pipe is pure copper which has been nickel coated, the fins are composed of 6061 T6 Aluminum.

Available on the Enhanced Reactor only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: