salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I was using an LED from home depot with reflector (5000k) for almost a year. I kept chaeto and caulerpa. The light i was using kept everything alive and grew at a slow rate. I decided to go all out on a Kessil h380 and give it a shot. The very first day, the caulerpa started to turn white, possibly going asexual, so i freaked out and tossed it in the trash. The cheat on the other hand started to grow like crazy. In one week it quadrupled in size and my nitrates went down from 8 to 4. I am impressed with the results
good morning Pat how long do you keep it on?i just bought one as well and i run it from 7pm to 7am

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I got the Kessil H380 as well. I have it on for 16 hours a day. The chaeto grows like weed. The light make a huge different!

I don't know about those ebay brand and what they call "high" par means. The Kessil gives me 1700 PAR at the water surface. Close to 700 PAR at the bottom of a 40g breeder tank.

Last edited:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
the " High" PAR mean 450 to 500 for $ 30 LED light fix. the funny think is , if you ask some one to pay $ 300 for WD SPS frag, he will say NO WAY, but pay $ 300 for light to grow...........Macro Algae :biggrin:

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
vio you are right about the 300 wwd but then again people like to hoard it and refuse to sell them so if you can't get a 300 wwd mite as well get the 300 dollar light so that you have a better chance to keep it alive when you do finally get one

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
vio you are right about the 300 wwd but then again people like to hoard it and refuse to sell them so if you can't get a 300 wwd mite as well get the 300 dollar light so that you have a better chance to keep it alive when you do finally get one

Ok,
You force me to ........explain .
$ for me , NEVER , EVER was a issue, i make some time very easy $, some time i work , very,very hard, to make $, i assume is NORMAL, i do NOT believe in $, but i believe in RESPECT and more then that. Glad bless TUSI ( Joe) when i lost my tank ( more then $ 20,000) he give me more then 20 Frags ( High End) for NOTHING, i got some "friends ", they NOT even give me some Frags i was give for they for ....FREE.
I just got one more "Disaster" i mess up the Potassium, i over dose, 490 ppm, i lost most of the large colony's (7-8) thanks god i still have more frags.
Back to WD , they are just fine, like most of ppl. i will keep whatever i grow well.
I tell to Joe ( Tusi) if he lose the frag , i will back up (for FREE) :biggrin:

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ok,
You force me to ........explain .
$ for me , NEVER , EVER was a issue, i make some time very easy $, some time i work , very,very hard, to make $, i assume is NORMAL, i do NOT believe in $, but i believe in RESPECT and more then that. Glad bless TUSI ( Joe) when i lost my tank ( more then $ 20,000) he give me more then 20 Frags ( High End) for NOTHING, i got some "friends ", they NOT even give me some Frags i was give for they for ....FREE.
I just got one more "Disaster" i mess up the Potassium, i over dose, 490 ppm, i lost most of the large colony's (7-8) thanks god i still have more frags.
Back to WD , they are just fine, like most of ppl. i will keep whatever i grow well.
I tell to Joe ( Tusi) if he lose the frag , i will back up (for FREE) :biggrin:

vio you are absolutely right about$$$$and again about joe but then you can't find better people than joe and believe me respect does go a long way and i do appreciate all the help you have offered and i hope i can do the same someday

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: