mrkookm

Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I typically do a ten-percent water change every week but lately I have to admit to not keeping on schedule like I should.

Yes I do agree he does the weekly WC but you gotta admit @ 14gal weekly, if that much, it still is able to hold down the fort for small skimmer IMO :)

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
mrkookm, he does weekly water changes on that system. That guy is a maintenance freak:D After a while keeping a tank with a high maintenance level becomes a real burden. I love that tank btw ;)
The waste must be exported somehow because that skimmer is too small for that tank IMO.

Any skimmer is too small for a tank for you, :D

I just had mine install, over the weekend.. I'm still trying to fine tune it if i know how, lol.. By fine tune, i mean messing around w/ it, haha.. i'll post a pic when i get a chance..

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I do expect a lot from my skimmer :) But ask yourself this question.....is my method/belief successful?

1lph for 10 gallons of tank water water is my formula. I actually go a little higher than this.

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My new Salt Water Cone 250 1A

My upgrade from ASM G3

Attachments

• skimmer 020.jpg
    skimmer 020.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 382
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
DOH!!! I should have gotten the 200 instead then.. Maybe i can use it for my nano tank later, trying to get 24" cube for my place. But need to find a tank first, hehe.. I will post some nog shot when i get it.. I need to follow ur foot step in getting a better and better skimmer..

IMO, from everything that I have seen, read, and heard, oversizing a cone skimmer is a huge mistake. Undersizing just a tad seems to be the better way to go with the cone design.

If it is oversized it will pull like crazy inthe beginning, but later it will not pull anything. simply put an oversized cone skimmer wont be consistant with pulling doc.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i just received my bubble kind mini 180, and i have to say, there is nothing really mini about it. when i first opened the pkg i was surprised by the size of it. Upon farther scruntiny I AM AMAZED AT THE DETAIL OF THE CRAFTMANSHIP!!!! It is pricey, but I am so happy that i purchased it. I placed it in the sump as its super quiet. Now, if this thing skims half as good as it looks and sounds, I wil truely be a happy customer.

Will post pics inthe very near future, and give an update of its prformance. I cant wait to see its performance level now that I have it up and running.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: