Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. If the 30W leds last for atleast 5 years at 6 hours per day, and the leds used dont degrade much, Im set. Also on the same lines. Could you if you wanted to, replace the 30W leds with 14 or 15 Cree whites in series?

Last edited:

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
We had questions on luminous decay and replacement LEDs - here is the info requested:

Luminous decay on Semi LED bulbs
:

• 3W White LED bulb - Luminous decay at 3% every 1000 hours, running 10 hours a day at 50 C (120 F), luminous decay at about 11% a year.
• 30W White LED bulb - Luminous decay at 5% every 1000 hours, running 10 hours a day at 50 C (120 F), luminous decay at about 18% a year.
• 3W Blue LED bulb - Luminous decay is estimated at about 1.5% every 1000 hours, running 10 hours a day at 50 C (120 F), luminous decay at about 5.5% a year.

Recommended replacement time frame:
• 3w White LED bulb - every 24-28 months
• 30w White LED bulbs - every 18-20 months
• 3w Blue LED bulbs - every 36-40 months

LED Prices:

3w White SemiLED US$5.40
3w Blue SemiLED US$5.40
3w Red SemiLED US$5.40
3w Green SemiLED US$5.40
3w Pink SemiLED US$5.40
3w Violet US$8.10
30w White SemiLED US$43.20
3w White Cree XP-G R3 US$12.60
15w Blue SemiLED US$25.20

Baja170

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I also have a 150 show which is 48x24x29 roughly with a ruler. Would one G2 230 work on it? This tank is a FOWLR with limited coral for the fish to nibble on only but has 150# of nice Haitian Rock in it.

Also, how do I get in on the buy, once I get an answer to this question I am going to order at least 3 fixtures looking to start with a G2 230 for the 150, and 2 or 3 of the G2 160's to start on my 125.

Thank you in advance.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
NYreefNoob seems to have the sizing thing down pat so I will let him answer as for the ordering part, send me a PM with your name, e-mail and mailing address and the unit(s) that you want to order. I am sending one list to Maxspect and you will be invoiced directly from them. The units should be received 7 - 10 business days after receipt of your payment. Any other questions feel free to ask.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if the 125 is 6' you would need 3 160's for the fowler the 230w would work but it is only 3' long, personally i wouldnt waste the money on the fowler and would just get regular flourecent lighting, as a rule of thumb from all the reading i had done before i purchased mine that the g160's cover roughly a 2x2 area with more depth penitration then the 110w's the 110's have more leds but dont have the 30w led,

Baja170

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info NYreefNoob, I will definitely take it into consideration.<thumb-up>

I have another question that I know is a tough one about heat. I know the LED fixtures are reported to run WAY cooler than MH equivalents but...

How hot do the LED fixtures run? Do they put out heat comparable to T5's? I know my NE PRO 12 Tube 72" fixture gives off a LOT of heat and needs the ends cut out of a hood to run it and even then it runs pretty hot. How are the LED fixtures in a hood? For my 150 Show FOWLR could I get good light with a couple of 160's to shed the heat of my T5's and not have to cut the sides out of the hood? I ask because I have a nice furniture grade hood that I can cut holes in the top for fans, but I don't want to cut out the ends.

Thank you very much in advance for answering all my questions, I really appreciate your helpful attitude on this site.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
definately less heat then t5, thats what i switched over from, my 170w is about 4" from water and get good light down to the sand 22" tank , guess if you raised it to 8" up would give alot better coverage but less par, which really wont matter for you on the fowler, i also have 2 80cfm fans in my canopy so heat really never was a issue for me, plus i have a chiller

reefer49

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a 160 over a 40 breeder with a closed hood. Only the back is open with no extra fans and no chiller. No heat issues at all, i actually had to buy a bigger heater. A few weeks ago when we had high temps outside tank still never went over 80. I had a MH before.. I struggled with heat had to run a/c all day long.. that is no longer an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: