nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Well I was looking in the tank and i noticed that in the base of an SPS I have it has a hole with something small moving around in it. It's really small has around 6 little white strings that come out looking like a rake and go back in at the same time. It also spins around in the whole. Should I frag this coral? It was just starting to color up, but if I have to I will.

Thanks
Kris

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
sounds like the rare dancing spagetti worm.
I would not worry. I have tons of worms in my tank, all they do is stay to themselves and eat stuff out of the water.

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
maybe a small feather duster or tube worm or spaghetti worm....lol, doesn't sound bad.if it's one of the frags you got from me it could be a small brittle starfish, the ones that stay tiny.

[ May 02, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: joseney21 ]

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Jose it wasnt a frag from you. This this is really tiny. I wish someone could come over and see it. I can't get a good picture cause my camera isnt that great. I'll search all the stuff you guys said it could be and see if it is or if I can find a picture.

ScottK

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It may also be a type of sessile hermit crab called Paguritta. I have a few of them in an encrusting montipora colony. They look like a barnacle when they feed, but also can spin around in their homes in the coral. They are harmless.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I said Barnacle but you listen to the PIMP.... sheesh..

Ok. I will stop messing with you. Your father is really nice and easy going. It was nice to meet him and see that he is really involved. Thats really cool.

Kasei

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
LoL, sorry Kasei I must have missed your post *cough cough* j/k.

It's just that I searched barnacle and I couldn't see any similarities. Ahh well its still getting healthier by the day so I'm a happy one.

Thats for sure. The dad loves seeing me happy when I get some new corals. He puts aside his Sundays whenever I have to go pick up something of buy something, he always always wants to take the trip with me. He could have gotten no rest but still wants to go. Gotta love him.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yep you do ! I am going to bring him a Tennants back when I go down. Just to see how he like it. I will have to have him try the shake. ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: