Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is it possible for a crab to mess with a feather duster?
Woke up this morning to find my duster dead...(shot itself out of stalk) and i am almost positive it was from the crab at night stressing it....
Also crazy amounts of slime coat all over tank bc of it ...what happened?

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I dont know for sure but sounds reasonable to me... reminds me of the lobsters in finding nemo waiting over that hole in the pipe and snapping at anything that pops up :)

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
your feather duster might not be dead. i have had them do that as well. mine dropped it's crown as well. it grew one back and formed a new tube. also it may have starved. some peoples tanks cannot sustain one so they slowly starve. they are filter feeders and nobody is exactly sure what the feed on. as for the crab, get a tall glass, stick a piece of shrimp in it and tilt it towards the rocks, put it near where he hangs out and wait for him to go in it. voila you have a crab, and you can stick him in a sump or something :D

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks

I already scooped the crab out, i think he was alittle to agressive for my tank, even knocked over all the new frags from the swap since i got them on sat. As for the slime coating everywhere is that gonna kill the other corals? it was like stringy def from the duster who de-crowned itself.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: