Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suddenly I have dozens of these tiny snails. They are about the size of a pencil head. Are the friendly?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    5.4 MB
Last edited by a moderator:

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Lol , that happened to me months ago now they are growing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I don’t know what type but I only had turbo nails and astrea snails but I don’t see the shell curling so I guess they are astrea . This might be the first time I don’t have to buy more snails….lol

Markbluereef what kind do you think they are?

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sometimes i catch my snails spawning. My water gets cloudy. Than I watch the males release sperm and female release eggs. I have grown them to adult size in my tank. At first I liked it knowing I never have to buy snails again. They became a problem they were all over the place.I found tiny snail in pvc which eventually can become a problem if they grow.

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sometimes i catch my snails spawning. My water gets cloudy. Than I watch the males release sperm and female release eggs. I have grown them to adult size in my tank. At first I liked it knowing I never have to buy snails again. They became a problem they were all over the place.I found tiny snail in pvc which eventually can become a problem if they grow.
Yes ! They are all over the place . Gets hard to clean the glass cause they are in the way and won’t move they’re in the power heads, plumbing , just everywhere A good problem to have in reefing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: