Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
What do you think about these lights. How do you think they would do on a SPS tank.
On a 48" tank, Being they wont be on the ends of the rail on a 48". Should the rail be 36" even if its for a 48" tank. I've heard that they can be used with Apex controller, Or should i just buy the AI controller..
Will 2 be fine on a 140gal tank (48" wide)

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
2 will be fine on 48. Go with the 48 inch rails. They can be easily cut if you want. You can use the apex. They also have a special module to control them VDM.
ok thanks.. I want to hear some input from sps guy's that have them to see what they think about the color and growth when it comes to these lights

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
I have 4 units on my 280. Mostly sps..... You get more growth with mh but there is a trade off as far as lower energy and heat....
I'm just wondering if you really want to be a Big SPS keeper like i've been in the past. Will these lights get the job done..

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
im not sure about the units your talking about but i have the acan 103 on my sps dominant tank and i get fast encrusting but not so much as branching yet.some pieces grow a lot faster then others.if you want great growth MH or T5 def still the way to go.i still love my LEDs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: