Silverni2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I picked up a used coralife fixture it takes 2 150w hqi lamps and 2 96w compact fluorescent lamps. I'm looking for color combination suggestions. I think I'm going with 2 20k hqi lamps because I like the bluish look but I'm not sure what color to get the 2 96w compact fluorescents.
Thanks

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I picked up a used coralife fixture it takes 2 150w hqi lamps and 2 96w compact fluorescent lamps. I'm looking for color combination suggestions. I think I'm going with 2 20k hqi lamps because I like the bluish look but I'm not sure what color to get the 2 96w compact fluorescents.
Thanks

It's a tough call. If you were to get 2 20k HQI and 2 96w actinic bulbs the corals would look great but I have found that using 250w 20k radiums and reefbrite all blue stripe led for accent the fish really don't show great color. I would probably use 1 96w 10k and 1 96w actinic .

tangy84

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It's a color preference. If you like the blueish, you can run 2 actinic PC or you can get 50/50. or you can only run halides if you like the color. I think the pcs are there if you want to put actinic while running a 10k or a 15k halides and want it to more blue. it's really up to you. If I was you, I'd take out the PCs and put 1 or 2 led strips to get the exact color you want with a mix of reds and pink to get the pop of leds, and have both kinds of light. GL

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I like more of a natural color when the daylights are on so would suggest. Add 2 new 420/460 actinics for blues and go with reeflux 12k. This will give you a nice white, crisp blue look especially if you have the actinics.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: