2Sunny

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey Matt,
I think the last time I tested with the previous generation Pacific Suns, the upper portion were in the low 600's.
Have not measured the PAR level for the XM Metis fixture yet.

Warren,

You mentioned earlier not having so much luck with the Oregon tort. Have you had an opportunity to try O.T. under T5 or MH in your system? Did your O.T. frag recover? I'm interested in the Pac Sun Metis, but am terrified of the thought of losing my large O.T. colony. Might you consider trying an O.T. frag under your Metis?

If you have time I'd love to talk more about your LED experiences.

Joe

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Wow and do u run them at that par ??? I'm slowly raising mine now because wingo came by and fixed them for me we checked my par and determined that it was low like 230 in top of the tank !
We raised fixture all the way up and we where getting 560 should I slowly raise them all the way up?
My color is great just want faster growth!

Matt,
I would not raise the intensity straight up unless your corals have already acclimated to those levels. Just take it slow. I think that it was months before I had it up to 80% intensity.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Warren,

You mentioned earlier not having so much luck with the Oregon tort. Have you had an opportunity to try O.T. under T5 or MH in your system? Did your O.T. frag recover? I'm interested in the Pac Sun Metis, but am terrified of the thought of losing my large O.T. colony. Might you consider trying an O.T. frag under your Metis?

If you have time I'd love to talk more about your LED experiences.

Joe

Hi Joe,
Nope, no luck with the OT. The last one was in the pics from 1/2011 and it was in the tank under LEDs for about a year and I lost it probably in April of this year. I've had OT under MH/VHOs, same thing happens, extremely slow growth and about 9 to 12 months later, gonesky.
ORA has not released any OT lately. My LFS said they lost the colonies for both the OT and Cali tort. I will try it again as soon as I can get my hands on a decent size frag.
Do you prefer your lighting in the 20+ kelvin range? If so, the XM Metis might be too white for you. I'm going to add a DIY Cree XR-E light bar to the XM Metis setup. I'll try 14 stars first to see if it will suffice. Trying to get away with just a heat sink bar setup with 1 driver and no fans.
I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow and leave you my number if you want to talk more about the Metis.

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well since downgrading from my 180g to a 60g. All I can say is I LOVE THEM !!!!! I went from 400w MH to T5 and i liked the MH better. I now went from T5 to LED and love the LED's. I had a few BROWN sps frags left from my 180g and in a few weeks in the 60g my Garf Bonsai is INSANE looking same for my pink lemonade. my red table looked really good too before i gave it away. Only about a month in with them and just amazing !!!! LOVE THEM !!!!! I dont know the name of my fixture but it was from wingo and it is from a company hes making them with not his strips. Only thing i see can be diffrent is the blues and whites mimic each other in each row i think if they were opposite might look a lil better

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Well since downgrading from my 180g to a 60g. All I can say is I LOVE THEM !!!!! I went from 400w MH to T5 and i liked the MH better. I now went from T5 to LED and love the LED's. I had a few BROWN sps frags left from my 180g and in a few weeks in the 60g my Garf Bonsai is INSANE looking same for my pink lemonade. my red table looked really good too before i gave it away. Only about a month in with them and just amazing !!!! LOVE THEM !!!!! I dont know the name of my fixture but it was from wingo and it is from a company hes making them with not his strips. Only thing i see can be diffrent is the blues and whites mimic each other in each row i think if they were opposite might look a lil better
Good to know Nick! Thanks for posting your personal experience, as I plan on getting led for my 155 from Wingo sometime within the next year.:)
Gotta take some $$ away from LIPA if I can.;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: