Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys new to the forum,

but I recently had a temperature drop from a range of 82-84 to about 76 for 3 days and when I came back to my tank at school on monday, 2 of my 3 trumpet corals have their skeletons exposed. Is there any chance that they will bounce back? They still have color but their flesh is gone basically.

Thanks guys

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Hi Nick and welcome to MR. Do you normally run the tank at that high of a temperature (82-84)?

It's hard to tell without a picture but if all of the flesh on the skeleton is gone, and you just see white, then those heads are probably dead and wouldn't comeback. If there is still color there then the flesh may have pulled into the skeleton, and once the temperature gets back to normal it may open again. How do the 2 or 3 heads look compared to the other heads that are still alive and have flesh on them?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been keeping my tank like that for 6 months now and had no temperature related problems to my knowledge. This is not my trumpet but 2 of my heads look like those but still have a lot of their blue color to them

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 299

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: