TopNotch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried my luck at star polyps and mushrooms... And they (polyps) are growing like mad!

Im look for ideas on the next attractive polyp or hardy LPS...

I have a 30gal Long... 20W 50/50 (6000K/Actinic). Good levels and dosing with Kent 2 Part and iodine.

Ive considered Sun Polyps..

Tybond

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will bite,

Get a hammer coral.

They are a great looking very hardy LPS.

also you might think about a bubble coral. there are color variations of green white pink etc. and they are a blast to watch feed. they will eat meaty foods readily and just imo are a great lps.

ty

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure you have enough light to keep any photosynthetic LPS. Is that a power compact 20W light?

Ernie

TopNotch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its a 'NO' Coralife 50/50 (6000/Actinic) 20W bulb...

Thats all that i have for now, but if it makes any differece. My mushroom and star polyps floresse (spelling?) under the light.

Are there any that are not photosythnetic?

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do not have nearly enough light to support any of the photosynthetic LPS corals. I am surprised that your mushrooms and GSP are spreading with so little light.

The sun coral is non-photosynthetic. You need good Ca and Alk levels and also to feed it at least twice a week. They are considered difficult to keep because of the feeding requirements (you must hand-feed them regularly.)

I would consider upgrading your lights.

TopNotch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I do dose with Kent 2 Part every morning... And add Iodine (4 drops) in the evening every other day. The mushroom and star polyps are high in the tank and about 8 inches max from the bulb.

As with feeding Sun Coral... brine shrimp in a turkey baster?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: