asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
So, I set up the tank and filled it with live rock and water last night and am quite impressed with the whole transaction from packaging, shipping and aesthetics. I plugged in the Hydor FLO Rotating Water Deflector and am pretty happy with this as well, although the reviews suggest I'll be cleaning that unit every couple of weeks.
Not really sure what livestock I'll be putting in but the LED's should be able to keep some softies alive and I'll be adding black sand. Anyway here it is:

Attachments

• Cadlights8g.jpg
    Cadlights8g.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 470

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Nice! I have mine still sitting in the box. I agree, the whole transaction process with Cadlights was flawless. Does the light fixture angle upwards slightly?

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Nice! I have mine still sitting in the box. I agree, the whole transaction process with Cadlights was flawless. Does the light fixture angle upwards slightly?

It does angle upwards lightly towards the front but you can lower it by not tightening the back screws so tightly or angling them as you tighten.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
how much floor space you have to playwith? concidering you have the filter taking up some space. I was concidering getting it but didnt feel the floor space was enough.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
how much floor space you have to playwith? concidering you have the filter taking up some space. I was concidering getting it but didnt feel the floor space was enough.

Sorry not sure what you're asking? the footprint of the tank is 12x12 but it's sitting on a shelving unit in my apt. The actual space inside the tank is considerably less as there is a walled-off compartment for 3 areas in the rear sealed off by a removable divider, which I would guess is about 2/1-2 inches deep. so, that leaves about 9-1/2 inches of tank floor space. Hope this answers your question.

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
ooh, very nice led. I had a cadlights 12g before i had the mini and loved it. Are you going to do the petco mod for ato?

Yeah, the LED is very sleek, unfortunately I don't think you can grow much with it.
I am just going to do manual top-off's as this will force me to work on the tank :shhh:

asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thanks everyone, I really wanted to get the 18g too but I simply had no room for it - I am definitely going to stock it with fish and corals, any suggestions?

Great start..I was also considering getting a cadlights tank, possibly the 18 gallon..

You planning to put any fish in thefrom or just corals?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: