arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So i was able to break my tank down and start up my biocube. Its a 29 gallon but after all the rock displacement and some sand its a little less. It's pretty much all stock, maybe down the road i will modify the lights to LED's. Plan on keeping a mixed reef but more interest in zoas.

Here are some pics! Pics were taken under my LED setup from the previous tank since I did not take them down yet

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey Arthur, looking good!. If I'm not mistaken you got those beauties from us? If I'm correct nice meeting you.! Hope too see you again soon!

How high up do you have your LEDs? And what percent? Also what type. Your own DIY?!

Yes correct the fish and pieces of zoanthids were from you.. actually those LEDS were from my 75 gallon that i broke down and i was waiting on the bulbs to come in for the biocube hood so i was using the LEDs as temporary. But thanks for the awesome peices and can't wait to come back down and purchase more!!

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So here is a much needed update. These pictures are about a month old but figure id post them cause i haven't had much activity on my tank thread. Enjoy

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Hi. Great looking tank and pictures. Thanks for sharing!

If I could make a recommendation: Add an additional powerhead within the tank to add more flow. This will help with the cyano on the bottom and the corals will like it. I have 2 biocubes. One has an mp10 at about 80% and the other has 2 additional small koralias inside for greater movement.

I have some extra zoa frags for you. If you're ever on the UWS or want to make the trip let me know.

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi. Great looking tank and pictures. Thanks for sharing!

If I could make a recommendation: Add an additional powerhead within the tank to add more flow. This will help with the cyano on the bottom and the corals will like it. I have 2 biocubes. One has an mp10 at about 80% and the other has 2 additional small koralias inside for greater movement.

I have some extra zoa frags for you. If you're ever on the UWS or want to make the trip let me know.

I used to have a powerhead inside but the wire from it made it look weird cause the hood was a little elevated but u always thought of adding a small one. Where would you recommend me put it? And yeah I'd be interested of any zoas you might have. Do u have a tank thread for me to look at ur setup?

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
There should be a space at the back corners to run the wire from the tank, over the back wall and then out a space in the back of the hood. Sometimes you need to punch out a pre-perforated area on he back of the hood.

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Heres a FTS I took a few days ago. cyano is all gone and hopefully within the next few weeks I can make a trip down to the bronx and pick up a few goodies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: