Rating - 0%
0   0   0
36ab4cd74ab79fc09f6309baf1df8fd1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mikejrice

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated here in awhile. Recently my sea apple decided to poison the tank which was the end of all the fish in system along with my Hawkins echinata. Not the worst outcome, but the apple had to find a new home after that.

This is actually my second experience with sea apple toxin in a system, so shame on me. While we're on the topic though, to mitigate the toxin, I just run a big bag of carbon and turn the skimmer a little wet. If you get to it quickly, most systems will bounce back pretty quickly. Unfortunately, it's a vertebrate specific toxin which I've not ever seen a fish survive though.

Restocking the fish slowly. So far we've got a tricolor fairy wrasse and a unique ocellaris from another hobbyist's system.

2e7cbbcce002ac86e342e15fd4e73d49.jpg

Michael Rice
Elite Reef, Denver Colorado

mikejrice

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are your chalices not killing each other?! ive put mines that close and there was a war going on
Chalice is a really broad term that spans several genera and a ton of species, so you might have had two incompatible ones in the past. Usually if you can find pieces of the same, or similar, species they will get along although they always end up racing for space in the end.

Michael Rice
Elite Reef, Denver Colorado

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: