Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hello Fellow NJerseyians!

Figure I'll start an introduction post to reach out to other folks in NJ.

I'm in Jersey City, not the usual Downtown JC, but by Liberty State Park. Been in the hobby for about 3 years now, and upgraded to a 75g custom tank by Coast to Coast Aquariums located in Toms River. I have a build thread here http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/81457-widdys-75g-tank-upgrade.html . However I haven't updated it in awhile, tank just not impressive enough to show, imo. :teeth:

I'm visit mostly Manhattan Aquariums or other local MR vendors. But once in awhile I do make trips to Absolutely Fish in Clifton and Ocean Gallery II in N. Plainfield.

Hope to meet other folks from NJ! Let's hear from others from the Garden State! ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I live in Tinton Falls, NJ and have a 60 gallon cube tank with 30 gallon sump and SWC skimmer. New to the hobby; grew up on the shore and in awe with the possibilities of running a reef in the corner of my home. Been running for 9 months and I am having a blast. I have a few small tangs and 2 clowns (I have a 90 gallon tank in storage that I use run fresh for when the fish get a little bigger). No corals for now but hope to grow into them once I learn more.

-mtnwing

S

saxamo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over here in Mountainside, NJ. Building a really nice custom tank atm. Have done it all from 210, 180, 120, 90, 34, 12, 3 and now I am working on my own custom design once again. I will post a thread once I sort out all the photos.. I have tons, from a custom table to the custom tank and everything in between.

You may know me as mynd over on Manhattan, NJReefers, and NanoReefs.com. Would be nice to find some people in my area that are into reefing and get together once in awhile.

I hope these forums potentially have a for trade or sale area. I do have some things I need to get rid of. I will have them out at my garage sale in a couple weeks. I might just list the items that will be at the garage sale and you guys/gals can decide if you would like to stop by.

Welcome everyone before me and everyone after me. Have a great 4th of July!

Happy Reefing

Kind regards,
Saxamo

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Just wanted to give everyone on here a quick shoutout I'm Jae from Newark new to the site but not the hobby I consider my self a zoa/chalice collector but most of all an lps luva,lol I currently run 2 nanos and lookin to upgrade to a 120 someday a Big thanks for the people that are giving jersey a place of there own and lookin forward to be surfing this site often

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Over here in Mountainside, NJ.

Just wanted to give everyone on here a quick shoutout I'm Jae from Newark new to the site but not the hobby I consider my self a zoa/chalice collector but most of all an lps luva,lol I currently run 2 nanos and lookin to upgrade to a 120 someday a Big thanks for the people that are giving jersey a place of there own and lookin forward to be surfing this site often

I'm from West Caldwell, NJ been in the hobby about 2 years, I started with a 14g biocube, then to a 135 gallon reef, now to my 180 for a while.
I am running a 180 gallon reef with a 75g sump under a TEK T5 60" fixture 6 x 80 watts. The tank is pretty bare as far as corals since $ is a bit tight I can't splurge like I used to, but hopefully things get better soon. I have about 8 fish total in the tank and its been setup for around 8 - 9 months.

saxamo I went to high school over in Summit not too long ago, so familiar with the area :P

and jr I am in West Caldwell, but work in Verona if you ever frag some chalices or zoas or acans let me know :) I love LPS

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I'm from West Caldwell, NJ been in the hobby about 2 years, I started with a 14g biocube, then to a 135 gallon reef, now to my 180 for a while.
I am running a 180 gallon reef with a 75g sump under a TEK T5 60" fixture 6 x 80 watts. The tank is pretty bare as far as corals since $ is a bit tight I can't splurge like I used to, but hopefully things get better soon. I have about 8 fish total in the tank and its been setup for around 8 - 9 months.

saxamo I went to high school over in Summit not too long ago, so familiar with the area :P

and jr I am in West Caldwell, but work in Verona if you ever frag some chalices or zoas or acans let me know :) I love LPS

West Caldwell...hmm...sounds familiar. Is Roseland nearby? Have a client in Roseland on Eisenhower Parkway. Every check out Hanover Aquarium on Rt. 10?

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
I'm from West Caldwell, NJ been in the hobby about 2 years, I started with a 14g biocube, then to a 135 gallon reef
sure no problem bud ill shoot you a pm whenever i have something going

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
West Caldwell...hmm...sounds familiar. Is Roseland nearby? Have a client in Roseland on Eisenhower Parkway. Every check out Hanover Aquarium on Rt. 10?

5 minutes down the road, Hanover Aquarium is now known as Aquatic Visions they have a LOT of pests in their coral tanks and all their livestock is overpriced and ill. Only LFS I go to around here is Ocean Gallery, Aquatic Obsession, and Manhattan Aquarium.

I really think Manhattan Aquarium will be my new go to place.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all fellow new jersey reefers, My name is Tony and I have an 85 gallon corner tank. I have been doing this for three years and freshwater 15 years prior. I'm in Old Bridge and I usually buy stuff at Aquatic obsessions. Great to meet all and looking forward to learning from all of you.

juice44

Frags-Unlimited
Vendor
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Hello All,

Finally a good NJ forum for our fellow reefers. I am a vendor on manhattan reefs and am located in clifton, NJ. You are more than welcome to stop by any time for a great selection of corals and inverts. My prices are always low and I can get almost any request. Let me know your needs...

Jason

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
hey

Hello all,

Im located in Clifton NJ. I've had freshwater tanks for about 10 years and saltwater for only a few months. Been researching like crazy and really look forward to learning more about reefing. Stoked that we have a NJ forum going here!

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Hello from Bergen County

Hello everyone.

I am glad to finally see a NJ set of forums. I have been on Manhattan Reefs for a while now. But it is so hard to buy any types of corals and such, I hate going over the bridge into the city.

I used to have a 172 Bow but I broke that down a while ago, got a little to expensive running 3 250w halides and then all the other supplies that goes with a reef.

I just started a JBJ 28g Nano LED. Right now it is running in my family room with sand and water, nothing else. I am going to pick up rock tomorrow and get ready to soon stock it with some softies and few fish.

Hopefully there are some people in my area who have some nice frags and such.

Anthony

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
heyyy peoples !! most of you already know who i am..for those that dont..im DeL !!! originally born and raised in jersey city..now moved to bayonne..my 72 bow FULL sps tank is still up and running..and im still in the process of doing the tank upgrade to my 110tall SPS tank !! the stores i go to in NJ are absolute fish, reef encounters, ocean gallery, and red sand. been a reefer for over 5 years now..so i guess you can say im not a newbie anymore hahahahaha..if anyone ever wants to chill and have a beer while talking reefs...hit me up!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: