thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I just left Fish Town in Ramsey. I went for the purpose to actually buy something, but yet came home empty handed. They didn't have a decent variety of fish. They have some corals but I was not drawn to anything there, just your basic zoas in the small frag tanks. They need to get a better variety IMO. They do not have the tanks marked with what was in them, i am not the best with fish names. And having to ask every time it a PIA.

We need a decent fish store in Bergen County. I am very jealous of the members in NY who have so many places to goto.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
only go there to get salt.

OGII for their awesome specials and rods food
reef encounter for dry goods
frags-unlimited for nice corals
members such as myself that can get good deals on so me things
absolutely fish for rare or less carried fish in healthy condition but pay alittle more for their attention to detail. and better customer service. also the 15 dollar frag tank sometimes has some good things. but jason is right there.

better deals for dry goods are online or deals in the for sale threads.

thats my experience for the past 4 years.

to sum it up. better deals from members. njreefers is all central to south jersey and mr is NY. WE SUCK!!

Last edited:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
only go there to get salt.

OGII for their awesome specials and rods food
reef encounter for dry goods
frags-unlimited for nice corals
members such as myself that can get good deals on some things
absolutely fish for rare or less carried fish in healthy condition but pay alittle more for their attention to detail. and better customer service. also the 15 dollar frag tank sometimes has some good things. but jason is right there.

better deals for dry goods are online or deals in the for sale threads.

thats my experience for the past 4 years.

LOL, I was not asking for a place to go, just wanted to comment on this store. Reef encounter is expensive for dry goods. PetGoods in paramus on Rt 17 is the best for Dry Goods IMO they have a nice large supply.

Jason does have nice corals, but cant really do any impulse buying with Jason since you have to work around schedules. I have bought from him before and probably will in the future. I was not going to Fishtown to get corals, but I was going to pick up a fish.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
+1, been to fishtown, not impressed. also salespeople constantly ask if u need help but when u ask a question they dont exactly know the answer themselves

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
agree wit thirty5 need a reef store here in the bergen count are absolutly fish in clifton is redicular with dry good prices coral prices and fish prices!!!!!same maricolture sps in manhattan aquarium are half price!!! reef ecounter on dry goods has mixed prices!! not good assortment on corals!!! at all !!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: