thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
If you are Northern NJ.

You can hit Absolutlely Fish in Clifton (Rt 46)
Reef Encounter (Hackensack)
Rt 4 Aquarium (Fair Lawn).
Fish Town (Ramsey, Rt 17)

AF has everything but prices are pretty high IMO
RE has a nice amount of Dry Goods and fish, but their coral selection is pretty bad
Rt 4 Aquarium has a nice amount of fish and dry goods, their corals are low selection now but I know that they are working on an entire frag system.
Fish Town is hit or miss, I find that they do not have much of anything most of the time

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Central has Ocean Gallery, Red Sand and Pet Shanty all about 15 minutes from eachother. There's also Aquatic Obsession.

Ocean Gallery has a pretty good selection of everything. I would, however, be very careful about buying from them unless you QT. Corals and fish.

Red Sand is a very good store. Heavy on the SPS side of corals (I was just there last week and he was pretty light on the SPS, he needs a new shipment) and fish aren't that great. However, when he has fish, they are really well priced and so far I haven't had anything but good luck with them.

Pet Shanty has a ton of dry goods but their livestock section isn't overwhelming. If you're into freshwater, he has great freshwater livestock. He also has that odd fish every once in a while. Wandered in a few weeks back and he had a Flaming Prawn Goby. Not something you see stores get in too often.

Aquatic Obsession, to me, has the best fish around. The corals are pretty good too. He has a hard time selling corals so usually he has had them for a bit and they will do well. To me, the best central Jersey store.

There are plenty of others but those are the 4 best and most popular in central Jersey.

When, where and how long are you going to be in Jersey?

Last edited:

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
central has ocean gallery, red sand and pet shanty all about 15 minutes from eachother. There's also aquatic obsession.

Ocean gallery has a pretty good selection of everything. I would, however, be very careful about buying from them unless you qt. Corals and fish.

Red sand is a very good store. Heavy on the sps side of corals (i was just there last week and he was pretty light on the sps, he needs a new shipment) and fish aren't that great. However, when he has fish, they are really well priced and so far i haven't had anything but good luck with them.

Pet shanty has a ton of dry goods but their livestock section isn't overwhelming. If you're into freshwater, he has great freshwater livestock. He also has that odd fish every once in a while. Wandered in a few weeks back and he had a flaming prawn goby. Not something you see stores get in too often.

Aquatic obsession, to me, has the best fish around. The corals are pretty good too. He has a hard time selling corals so usually he has had them for a bit and they will do well. To me, the best central jersey store.

There are plenty of others but those are the 4 best and most popular in central jersey.

When, where and how long are you going to be in jersey?

1+

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
if you are northern nj.

You can hit absolutlely fish in clifton (rt 46)
reef encounter (hackensack)
rt 4 aquarium (fair lawn).
Fish town (ramsey, rt 17)

af has everything but prices are pretty high imo
re has a nice amount of dry goods and fish, but their coral selection is pretty bad
rt 4 aquarium has a nice amount of fish and dry goods, their corals are low selection now but i know that they are working on an entire frag system.
Fish town is hit or miss, i find that they do not have much of anything most of the time

1+

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: